By Elvis Park
Is soccer really the eminent sport ever in the history of the world? Is soccer really applicable to everyone? Is soccer really cherished worldwide? There are a lot of positive aspects that shows how soccer is the exceptional sport ever without a doubt. You don’t need to be affluent in order for you to play, your body size or your height do not matter and it’s a sport where everyone gets a fair chance to win.
First, soccer is a global sport, meaning that it’s not played in certain regions; it’s played worldwide. Furthermore, soccer is the sport that is not monopolized by one particular country and this gives an equal opportunity for any country to win the world cup. According to FIFA’s most recent Big Count survey, “There are 265 million players actively involved in soccer around the world, roughly about 4 percent of the world’s population.” 5 “Fédération Internationale de Football Association is an association which describes itself as an international governing body of association football and futsal.” 5 In addition, sports like American football, Irish football, and Australian rules football, on the other hand, are predominantly played and watched in only one country. This is the critical difference between soccer and other sports in the world.
Second, when talking about soccer, quick movement and pace matter more than the size of your height or strength. Furthermore, soccer is a professional team sport where size does not matter. It’s not like basketball and volleyball where you need to be enormous, in order for you to be preeminent. According to Ballon d’Or, where officials recognize the leading player of the year, “Some of the best players, like Messi, Maradona, and Romario, have been an average height of 5’5” or 5’6” 8 and yet known to be the best players in the world so far.” 1 Soccer can be a sport for everyone because you don’t have to be obnoxiously tall or be vicious. Furthermore, it is true that talents can come in handy for sports but I believe that resolute hard work can always beat people with talent. The finest soccer player in the world at the moment said, “You won’t get anywhere with your talent if you don’t put in the hard work.” 2 My opinion could be irrelevant but you can’t really neglect the same idea from someone who is terrific at soccer at the moment.
Third, minimal equipment is required, meaning that you don’t have to be affluent to be playing soccer, unlike American Football. In order to play American Football, you need proper gear which costs a lot of money and you need a proper pitch in order for you to train. However, for soccer, you just need to set up some cones, get a ball and you’re good to go. Furthermore, nearly all the eminent soccer players at the moment grew up in a substandard surrounding, meaning they weren’t able to afford nice shoes, join a marvelous academy or have a proper coach to help them advance with their skills. “Cristiano Ronaldo Lived in a two-room, tin-roofed shack, he shared a single room with his brother and two sisters, and toys and Christmas presents were unheard of.” 7 Even though his circumstances weren’t suitable, he created his own space where you can train for soccer. This can be inspiring to a lot of youngsters living in substandard surrounding because they could be influenced and can train as hard as a clutch soccer player.
In conclusion, soccer is a beloved sport and it’s very distinct compared to other sports. There’s no talent behind soccer, you don’t need to be affluent in order for you to play, the rules are self-explanatory and it’s a sport that is favored worldwide. Thus, everyone is able to play because size and strength don’t matter. It’s all about the techniques and this is why it’s a fair sport for everyone. Unequivocally, these are the factors that allow soccer to be the finest and most unique sport in the world.
- “Ballon D’Or.” Wikipedia, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d%27Or.
- “Cristiano Ronaldo: The Struggles And Successes Of Football’s Top Dog.” Goal Profits, 15 May 2015, www.goalprofits.com/cristiano-ronaldo-the-struggles-and-successes-of-footballs-top-dog.
- Elite , Become. “HARD WORK vs TALENT | Cristiano Ronaldo’s Opinion Download 128 Kbps 320 Kbps mp3 Videos for Mobile,Download Latest Bollywood Songs, HD Videos & Youtube Videos -Become Elite.” Dj Remix., 5 Dec. 2017, djremix.info/file/HARD-WORK-vs-TALENT-/UahBpLlyje4.
- “Encouraging More to Take on This Fantastic Sport.” England Amputee Football, oarsomegrips.com/oarsome-heroes/england-amputee-football.
- FIFA.com. “Fédération Internationale De Football Association (FIFA).” Www.fifa.com, www.fifa.com/.
- “Gaelic Football – Rules of Sports.” Google Sites, sites.google.com/site/rulesofsports/gaelic-football.
- “Goal Profits Football Trading Community | Betfair Trading.” Goal Profits, 1 July 2017, www.goalprofits.com/.
- Kruschewsky, Gabriela. “Wake Up, America: Here’s Why Soccer Is The World’s Best Sport.”The Huffington Post, TheHuffingtonPost.com, 14 May 2014, www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/14/soccer-worlds-best-sport_n_5248061.html.
- Mailonline, Fadi Fahr For. “Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi Have Split the Last 10 Ballon D’Or Titles between Them… but Who Is Capable of Usurping Them This Year?” Daily Mail Online, Associated Newspapers, 2 Jan. 2018, www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5225377/Who-candidates-win-Ballon-dOr-2018.html.
- Osorio, Ronny. “6 Reasons Why Soccer Is The Best Sport Nowadays.” Thought Catalog, Thought Catalog, 30 Oct. 2014, thoughtcatalog.com/ronny-osorio/2014/10/6-reasons-why-soccer-is-the-best-sport-nowadays/.
- “Soccer Made Simple.” Auburn Soccer Association ,
- “Soccer and Scotland Worldwide Soccer Tours For Little Leagues.” UPside Living RSS, upsideliving.com/soccer-and-scotland-worldwide-soccer-tours-for-little-leagues/.
- Thomas. “5 Reason Why Soccer Draws People In.” Bleacher Report, Bleacher Report, 11 Apr. 2017, bleacherreport.com/articles/45040-5-reason-why-soccer-draws-people-in.